Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Transit museum NYC

We all have taken the MTA transit trains once in a while or it may even be a part of your daily life. Ever wondered how the train was created or how it works? Well I was given the chance at work to attend the NYC transit museum. I found it pretty cool and amazing how certain things operated and how it has changed over time. I was able to sit in one of the first trains invented and realize the faults of their structures. I learned that when the MTA is done with their trains their usable pars become recycled, the train itself gets sold to collectors and the shells of the train become homes for sea life. Also I was shocked to hear the foolery of how the MTA fooled it's customers with the secret "Money train". One more thing that surprised me was that there were three different railroad companies one that ran the number trains and two that ran the letter trains. This was by far one of favorite GK experiences!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment