Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Forte Greene cleanup

For work, we were asked to do a cleanup of Forte Greene Park in Brooklyn. I know, its summertime and we're in a park raking leaves?! O.o There are trees planted all around New York that have a defense mechanism so instead of shedding leaves once a year, they shed twice a year, in the fall and summer. We were raking the leaves because people like to have their own cookouts and BBQ's but leave their hot colas on the ground and if there are a lot of leaves on the ground, a fire could commence. This experience was very insightful. I got to see what it is like to rake leaves in a park, something I have never done. Although I have done a lot of community service as is.

Forte Greene Park monument
 This is the giant tower in the park that I could not find because of the trees. The one that one of the GK interns was told she was too short to see, although this is probably the same case for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment