Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To eat healthy or to not eat healthy

Today in LTS, we watched a couple videos oh how companies and corporations create the food we eat. The inhumane practices that are being used when handling the animals and plants that we would soon consume. Pesticides are being sprayed on the fruits and vegetables tat we eat. Animals are suffering abuse, being mistreated by machines and even people. One part of the video that really upset me was when I found out that baby cows were being fed the blood of their dead kin. I am an animal lover and to hear about the malpractices being used in the food industry, I was simply heart broken. It made me really think....... I am one person, a piece of the puzzle to solving this and bringing justice to the food industry. The decisions I make can indeed influence others and begin a chain reaction that will work toward solving this injustice. Doing the simplest things such as growing my own food or going to support local farmers markets be some of the first steps toward ridding of these big corporations and finally having all of our food grown the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment